1. Shock: happily getting in the hot shower and realizing there are small black wiggly animals in it. Proceeding to inspect them a bit closer and concluding it’s leeches. Stare at them in shock.
2. Petrification: continuing to stare at the shower unable to move with fear of them jumping on you.
3. Escape: wrapping yourself in a towel and standing outside the bathroom door.
4. Denial: convincing yourself you must’ve seen it wrong and those could not possibly be leeches in your shower. Where would they even come from!?
5. False bravery: going back in the bathroom for closer inspection. Realizing those, indeed, are leeches, and running out again.
6. Desperation: curling yourself in a ball on the bed unable to process this new development.
7. Cry for help: calling your husband and terrifying him by saying: I have a huge problem.
8. Panic: since your husband can’t help you with this over the phone, running out of the house calling for didi then leading her in the bathroom wide-eyed and terrified.
9. Admiration: lying on the bed admiring didi for her bravery as she swiftly kills and washes away little pests.
10. Fear: being unable to get your feet off the bed imagining how these little creatures crawled out of the bathroom and went straight for your bedroom. Deciding never to shower again – it’s not good for the skin anyways to shower this often.
11. Caution: realizing you stink and definitely need a shower, proceeding to the bathroom with caution inspecting each and every nook and cranny. Giving a shower an additional clean-up even though didi most definitely got rid of everything that was in there.
12. Determination: telling yourself you can do this; you are not a crybaby and stepping in the shower. Wearing your flip flops just in case. You never know.
13. Express shower: showering as fast as you possibly can. Probably breaking a world record in fast showering (if such thing exists).
14. Victory dance: feeling proud of yourself and doing a small victory dance, which is really just twisting and turning to inspect all parts of your body for possible unwanted guests.